When your wallet’s on the light side, it’s kind of difficult to justify spending all the money you’ve earned on skincare. Truth be told, caring about your skin doesn’t require you spending wads of cash – with just a bit of planning plus some unconventional ideas, you could save money and give yourself and your finances a break!
It can be of great help to know how you can save on caring for your skin. Even when you’ve got money to spare, you might not want to splurge on expensive skincare products that guarantee results they can barely deliver. Or maybe, you want to finally not have tons of products just sitting on your shelves gathering dust.
These 6 tips will help you save money:
- Multi-purpose products – One of the best things you can do to save up on skincare is making a purchase for products that don’t just take care of your skin. This is a good tip for people who don’t use products up before they’ve gone off. Plus, it can prove useful when you’re travelling – save some space in your carry bag, you’ll need it!
- Sampling the samples – How often do you buy a product that looks great but simply doesn’t suit your skin? You end up wasting it, not to mention spending hard-earned money on it. If you’ve been through this, avoid headaches by looking for samples or buying trial sizes. If you like it, then buy the full-sized ones.
- Think twice about advertising – If you’ve been taken in by the latest beauty product that promises results, it’s likely you’ve wasted a bit of money. Keep in mind that advertising has a simple goal – to get you to part with your money, so try to resist those commercials!
- Why not go for the cheaper brands? – Unless you’ve got very sensitive skin, it’s likely you don’t have to buy expensive products. A lot of luxury brands also have cheaper ones under their umbrellas and make use of the same innovations in them. Another plus – you can buy these at any supermarket!
- Go online – Doing a bit of shopping around is a great way to save money and this applies to skincare, too. Try going online and shopping while you’re there. You’ll often find discounts but make sure to purchase from reputable sellers since there are numerous fake products being sold on the Web.
- Simplify your skincare routine – In case your bathroom shelf is bursting with skincare products, it’s probably a sign you spend a lot on them. Do you really need so many? By having a simpler routine, you save both time and money. Besides, it’s easier to have only a few products to choose from!
It can be quite annoying wasting your money on skincare products since it can be placed somewhere else. You certainly need to take care of your skin, but you don’t have to burn holes in your pockets to do so.
Katie Horgan is the Co-Founder and marketing-haven of Giving Assistant, a coupon and deals website that provides discounts to visitors from almost any industry.
All views expressed in this blog post are the personal opinions of the guest blogger. mySkin.com
doesn’t favor any particular skincare brand or take advertising from any of them. Our scientific algorithm is entirely unbiased and based on your skin profile.