Guess what! The foods that we eat can benefit the skin when applied directly too! You can puree them, cut them, mash them, whisk them, grate them and enjoy all their goodness. These foods can literally sit on your face 🙂
- Puree a fresh tomato and splat it on your face. This done regularly reduces acne scars, hyper pigmentation spots and brightens up your face. The tomato splat alleviates your sun burns too.
- Simply cut a strawberry in half and rub it on your face. Let it to sit for a minute and wash off with cold water. Voila! You have soft and glowing skin.
- Slice a strawberry in two and place these halves on your eyes for 10 minutes. Remove the slices and follow up with a gentle moisturizer. Repeated use helps control your puffy eyes and reduce dark eye circles too.
- Apples make for great toners and conditioners. Add a cup of apple juice to your bath water and get luxurious soft skin or use it as a final rinse after shampooing your hair to combat dandruff.
- Simplicity is the heart of the Papaya fruit. Cut and mash a really ripe papaya and simply apply this pulpy formulation on your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off with ice cold water. You will find your skin feeling baby fresh. A couple of applications later you will find your acne disappearing for good.
- Mash avocados in a blender or with a fork and mix this well with either eggs or honey to give you a refreshing facial mask for brightening your skin. Pureeing the fruit of the avocado and applying it topically to the skin can replenish moisture, soften rough patches and help heal chapped skin. The fruit’s rich Vitamin A, C, E, iron niacin and potassium content hydrates and soothes the skin.
- Cool, not cold, milk when applied with a gauge on sun burnt skin gives immense relief. Leave this compress on for a minimum of twenty minutes and then rinse off gently.
- Slices of Potatoes or Cucumbers when kept on the eyes for 10 minutes are great for reducing dark circles and eye bagginess.
- Rub cucumber slices on your cellulite. This done on a regular basis tightens the collagen and the bumps are not noticeable.
- Honey is a wonderful humectant that both gives and holds the moisture in your skin. Just apply honey liberally on your face for 10 min. Then rinse off. Your skin feels soft and hydrated.
- Yogurt can be applied directly to your face . Yogurt contains lactic acid, which is commonly used to soften and smooth dry skin and prevent fine lines.
- Get minty. Chop and crush a sprig of mint leaves. Let this sit on your under eye area for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Say goodbye to dark circles!
Remember that the key to getting results is consistency with your natural skincare routine whether using vegetables or fruits on your skin! Be diligent and wait for 25 to 30 days to pass for results to be noticeable.
Happy Skin= Happy You 🙂