Yes! The Giants and Patriots kick off at 6.29 pm today ( Sunday 2/5 ) for one of the biggest win in American football – the XLVI Super Bowl final! Woot! This Sunday both, the White house and every household will unite in their love for American football. We get to watch ‘The Material girl’ Madonna perform along with some great media advertisements, music, cheering and last but not the least- football:) I’m attending a masquerade party at a friend dressed up in football gear. I’m going to have the time of my life cheering, drinking, savoring potato chips and enjoying the biggest party till I am drop dead tired…all very bad for my skin. To top it, on Monday I don’t want to look like a raccoon, belch like a pig and have a severe hangover!
Here are 5 Super Bowl Beauty Tips to look skin healthy and glowing the day after :
- Don’t arrive at the party famished. It’s far too difficult to control temptation when you are famished than when you are at least half full. Snack on a fruit, yogurt, whole wheat or oatmeal crackers, protein bar etc. on your way and you are set to not gorging on high carbs. and sugars.
- Keep a check on the alcohol content. Remember that alcohol dehydrates you fast reflecting on your skin. Instead sip on flavored water. You could also enjoy this colorful, goodness packed papaya blueberry smoothie while the players jostle and sack. For this smoothie take ½ large papaya or 1 small papaya (ripe),1 cup of fresh blueberries (frozen ones will also do but you can’t contest the benefits of fresh fruit verses frozen.),30 oz of water. Blend all of these together and drink up!
- Survey the spread and make your move judiciously. Anything caramelized, bacon wrapped, sugary, or too creamy is way too naughty. Balance out the naughty with the nice. I know, potato chips are a must today, but bite into this crunchy fresh veggie salad more to give you more vigor and energy to cheer for the Giants or Patriots. Just toss chunks of cottage cheese, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, coriander, parsley with a dash of a tangy mustard and vinegar dressing to get this salad.
- Drink plenty of water to rehydrate and replenish. This ensures that you don’t get those baggy eyes! It also flushes out those accumulated toxins.
- Now, just don’t sleep with your makeup on tonight even if you are drop dead tired! This is the sure shot way to get dull skin and break outs. Follow the cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine to the ‘T’ for great looking skin.
Have a great time with family and friends cheering for your favorite team.
Be Skin Happy On Monday