Are you packing up for some surf and sunshine this weekend? Is it a barbecue with friends and family? Are you having a spa party with your BFF’s? Are you shopping with your boyfriend at the most happening store in town? The Can do’s for Labor Day Weekend are many.
Labor Day is the day for rest and relaxation and who needs it the most? It’s you! After all, it’s the day where we thank our American work force. This Labor Day catch up with time exclusive for ‘You’, celebrate ‘You’, and feel great about yourself.
Here are 5 ‘Me’ time tips to make your day special:
- Pamper thou skin– Take loving care of your skin with this extra time at hand. Besides your everyday skincare routine it’s time to get pampered with a nutrient rich mask of bananas. Mix 1 very ripe banana, 2 tablespoons of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of oat flour and 1 tablespoon of organic honey. Leave this face mask on for twenty minutes and wash off with warm water. Dab on a bit of rose hydrosol and see your skin come alive. This nourishing fruit packs in potassium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, folic acid, Vitamin A, E and F giving you smooth, even textured skin.
- Footsie time– Our peds bear the brunt of all our daily activities. Give them some special care with a sea salt foot bath using essential oils like neroli, lemon, tangerine or lavender. This mix of sea salt and essential oils helps in calming and relaxing both the feet and body apart from providing exfoliating and moisturizing benefits.
- Tress buster– You’re officially saying goodbye to summer. To enliven the tresses reach out for some Olive oil. Apply on your hair for 30 minutes, and then wash off with your favorite shampoo. This treatment gives you beautiful, lustrous, shiny, and silky hair.
- Pillow love– It’s a great time to sleep in and catch up on all the missed Zzzz’s. Enough sleep helps you in getting a refreshed look, reduces your black circles and puffy eyes.
- Gadget goodbye’s– Do you love your computer? Do you breathe better with the i-pad/i-phone /BB? Has the mobile become your best friend? Beyond doubt, they make our life easier but being overly passionate and obsessive about them gives us stress of body and mind. Keep away from them to connect with your real self.
How do you plan spending the Labor Day? Write in and let us know.
Happy Labor Day!