Being a teen is no easy job! And in addition to the million things you need to do as a teenager, there is this pressure of looking spot on. The market is flooded with cosmetic products and we are quite sure so is your make up cabinet. But what is the right look to wear to school? Here are five quick make up tips that we feel will make you school ready.
- Cleanse and clean- Your face is your canvas and to get good results your canvas has to be squeaky clean. Wash your face with a gentle cleanser that is suited for your skin type before applying any make up. Use a gentle face scrub no more than once a week to get the natural glow. Excessive scrubbing can actually cause more damage to your skin. And finally, use a non alcohol based toner and light moisturizer with SPF.
- Foundation Fix-So you like your foundation. But too much of this stuff can make you look cakey and old (you want to look fresh as a flower don’t you?). For a smooth and creamy finish take a small drop of foundation (use the one closest to your skin tone for that ‘Oh! so natural’ look) and mix it with your favorite moisturizer. Then gently dot all over your face, jaw line and neck and blend it all together using a face sponge. Remember the art of moderation while pumping out the foundation.
- Peeper alert-It’s always wise to wear a very neutral eye shadow to school. Use a light creamy eye shadow in light browns, corals or pinks focusing on your skin tone. Now curl your eyelashes and apply a coat of transparent mascara. This will open out your eyes and is perfect for school. Skip the eyeliner if you are in a rush else apply a thin coat of liner close to your lids. Greys or browns work best for school.
- Pout Perfect– Chapped and dry lips are an absolute no-no. Use a sugar scrub on your lips and then apply a thin layer of honey. Wash off after 15 minutes for deliciously soft lips. Instead of lipstick opt for a light tinted lip gloss or chapstick. Always buy a lip gloss with SPF in it to sun proof your perfect pout.
- Flushed and healthy- Finally, aim for a naturally flushed look; like the one you get when the blood rushes to your cheeks on seeing that handsome boy! and not a candy pop one. The trick to achieve this is so simple. Smile and apply a light rosy blush on the apples of your cheeks keeping a very light hand. Still can’t figure it out? Then simply pinch your cheeks. The part that becomes pink is where you apply your blush.
Your make up is perfect when it looks like you have no makeup on! And most importantly, live healthy, be positive and eat right…you will feel and look beautiful.
More school makeup tips to share? We would love to hear from you.
is the world’s first transdermal
skin consultation system for beauty advisers to offer credible and scientific consultations to their customers. The dermograph™
is an integrated touchscreen computer + a simple, hand-held device that measures skin health. It looks beneath the surface of skin using visible light
to measure multiple characteristics of your skin and matches these results with the most effective products/treatments.
If you have any questions or need more information, call or message us. We would be delighted to hear from you!
+1 201 500 7077
We are social! Join our beauty conversations on Face Book, Pinterest, Twitter , YouTube and Google+