Thanksgiving is all about tucking into a juicy turkey, preparing pumpkin pie and of course –giving thanks. It’s a time to reflect on what makes us happy while cramming crispy potatoes, roast yams and green beans! We’ve all got something to be grateful for- after all, where would we be without Botox, shower gels and anti-wrinkle creams? It might sound crazy but cosmetic products make our lives better, so why not raise a glass to your favorite anti-aging treatment or hair gel?
Here are 5 skincare products my skin is grateful to:
- Exfoliating scrub:Where would we be without exfoliating scrubs? They not only smell wonderful but the small abrasives help remove dead skin cells. They’re available from popular beauty stores and help cure blackheads and acne. Exfoliating dates back centuries, so it’s no wonder these miracle gels fly off the shelves. The non-surgical procedure known as microdermabrasion also works to polish the skin – thanks to these beautifying treatments.
- Bio-Oil: Bio-Oil is a specialised skincare formula that helps improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. It helps keep dehydrated skin supple and contains vitamins A and E which help nourish the skin. Made from a wealth of plant extracts, it’s ideal for sensitive skin and is the number one scar and stretch mark product in 11 countries. There really is nothing better than a product that improves your confidence, so with gravy dripping down your mouth spare a thought to Bio-Oil.
- Anti-aging creams: Nobody likes to feel old, so let’s appreciate the wonderful range of anti-aging creams that have been concocted over the years. Designed to reduce the appearance of fine-lines, these incredible products stop us looking old before our time. They can also help clear up blemishes and are thought to get rid of expression lines and pigmentation problems. Bad skin can leave us feeling under the weather, so it’s important to be grateful for the array of fabulous skin creams that grace our shelves.
- Cocoa butter: Cocoa butter is a vegetable fat that’s been extracted from the cocoa bean and is used in many beauty products. It’s usually mixed with vitamin E and makes for a revitalising moisturiser that’s designed to boost your complexion. Many cocoa butter products are also thought to soften, smooth and relieve dry skin and can smoothen out stretch marks.
- Jelly: Pure petroleum jelly is used around the world and helps keep skin looking soft, supple and gorgeous. It sinks deep into the skin locking in moisture and clearing up dry patches. Some petroleum jelly brands have been used for over 140 years and its a great, multipurpose, easy to the pocket skincare product. It helps the skin renew itself.
There’s nothing better than healthy-looking skin, so while you’re gorging on corn on the cob or pecan pie, say thank you to your skincare products.
Guest blogger Louise has been a writer for four years, specialising in health and beauty. She currently lives in Manchester,UK.
Note: The post has been completely written by the guest blogger and the thoughts expressed are hers alone. mySkin does not endorse to any products or sites mentioned in the post.