Do you believe in enjoying foods for healthy, glowing skin? Wouldn’t you be gorging on these amazing foods to get great looking skin instead of searching for that flawless complexion over cosmetic counters. While you love the products that help you get great skin, its true to believe that we are what we eat. I am, like many of you, a fan of super foods that help us become healthy and concurrently promote skin health.
Do you know the latest super foods that are doing the rounds? If you know your acai berries and load up on your flax-seeds and even add that dash of spirulina to your morning smoothie to maintain your skin health then read on to discover the new super foods that help get great skin!
- Maqui Berry: The maqui berry looks deceptively similar to the blueberry. It grows in Patagonia and has the highest oxygen absorbing capacity amongst all other fruits making it a great antioxidant. It helps the body get rid of those excess toxins and free radicals and gives you beautiful younger looking skin.
- Chia seeds: If you are a flax seed fan then you will love the Chia seed. Chia seeds are higher in their Omega 3 content than flaxseeds. These seeds have anti inflammatory properties and also work amazingly well to slow down the signs of skin aging. So reach out for the chia seeds and add them to your salads and breads and see your skin go cha cha chia!
- Cupuaçu fruit: The Cupuacu fruit is not only heavenly to taste but is extremely dense nutritionally. If you love acai berries then you will love this fruit. It is much higher in nutrients than the acai berry and contains high levels of Vitamin B and antioxidants and fatty acids. All these are essential for beautiful skin. It also contains quercetin, a flavanoid that helps the skin preserve Vitamin C making this fruit perfect for younger looking glowing skin.
- Acerola: Also known as Amazon cherries, Acerolas are packed with Vitamin C and other antioxidants and Vitamins such as magnesium, potassium and Vitamin B5. Apart from this acerolas also contain calcium, phosphorus and iron making them the perfect skin food. They also contain anthocyanins , riboflavin and niacin . Acerola cherries have numerous health benefits but have been in news for their ability to restore collagen.
- Green Lipped Mussel Oil: Try the Green Lipped Mussel Oil for its high levels of ocean derived Omega 3 oils. These mussels are found in the coasts of New Zealand and have astounding health benefits. They are anti inflammatory in nature and are also known to protect the skin from within from sun damage and protects the system from oxidative damage.
Have you tried these super foods in your diet? Let us know.
is the world’s first transdermal
skin consultation system for beauty advisers to offer credible and scientific consultations to their customers. The dermograph™
is an integrated touchscreen computer + a simple, hand-held device that measures skin health. It looks beneath the surface of skin using visible light
to measure multiple characteristics of your skin and matches these results with the most effective products/treatments.
If you have any questions or need more information, call or message us. We would be delighted to hear from you!
+1 201 500 7077
We are social! Join our beauty conversations on Face Book, Pinterest, Twitter , YouTube and Google+