Do you find lifting your arms high up in the air embarrassing when you’re wearing your favorite sleeveless blouse? You are not alone. Dark, patchy armpits are a reality! Dead cell buildup, perspiration, hygiene, age, hormonal fluctuations, pregnancy, excessive shaving, poor quality deodorants, genetics, and clothing – all trigger dark underarms.
Here are 5 Tips to whiten your underarms:
- Exfoliate: Scrub your underarm area two or three times a week. The sugar scrub works wonders for your dark zones. Mix 2 tbsp. brown sugar with 1tbsp. organic honey. To this add 1 tsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Apply this scrub gently in circular motions. Rinse off with warm water. The bleaching properties in lemon lighten your underarms while the sugar removes the dead skin buildup. Honey keeps your skin hydrated and soft.
- Loosen up: Tight blouses rub against your armpit skin. The fabric and dyes used add to your armpit woes. Wear loose, breathable clothes.
- Armpit hygiene: Wash your armpits with soap and warm water when you bathe. Poor hygiene causes dirt and oil to accumulate, leading to dark underarms. After you shower, slather on a gel based moisturizer to keep your armpits soft and hydrated.
- Hair removal: Excessive shaving, using blunt shavers, not shaving in line with your hair growth- all contribute to dark armpits. Shave less and switch to waxing your underarms to remove hair. Stay away from depilatory creams as these contain strong acids and other chemicals that darken your skin.
- Paste it on: Apply unflavored yogurt to your armpits before taking a bath daily. Keep it on for 15 minutes. Then wash off with cold water. Applying cucumber juice on your armpits helps lighten your skin. You can also lighten your armpit skin by applying freshly squeezed lemon juice. A white vinegar and baking soda mixture applied daily for a fortnight will give you clean, whitened armpits.
Get ready to jump up in joy and flaunt clean, whitened, soft underarms!
We love to hear your personal skincare tips and tricks. Write in!