Apple cider vinegar has long been known for its variety of amazing qualities. Not only does this mild acid work well in food preparations it also has a myriad of uses around the home. From cleaning up messes to keeping your face acne free vinegar can do many wonderful things. Here are five ways you can incorporate this miracle liquid into your skincare routine:
- Grooming – Apple cider vinegar is a great grooming aide. For men a dash of vinegar works as a great aftershave for sensitive skin. Mixing equal parts vinegar and water you can also use it as a toner to keep your face glowing and healthy. Not only does vinegar remove dead skin, it also helps to promote circulation and restores your skin’s natural pH levels.
- Breakouts – Acne and eczema breakouts are very hard to live with. Fortunately apple cider vinegar can help. Applying vinegar directly to the breakouts will kill bacteria and help to refresh your skin. Vinegar also contains powerful antioxidants that fight free radicals to keep your breakouts under control. Discoloration, red spots and age spots are also something vinegar can help with. Regular application helps your skin to retain its natural coloration and lose those spots.
- Burns and Bites – Bug bites and sun burns are common complaints in the summer time. Vinegar can help both. Although you typically would not think of pouring vinegar on your sunburn it is actually a very effective remedy and takes away much of the pain instantly. All burns can be reduced by applying vinegar, even ones not caused by the sun. Bug bites, bee stings and more can also be helped with vinegar. Not only does it reduce the pain but it also helps to prevent infection.
- Dry or cracking skin – Are your hands and feet dry and cracking? Does your face peel? Are your elbows black and hard? Apply vinegar! An application of apple cider vinegar on a regular basis helps to keep your skin smooth soft and crack free. Soak in a tub of water mixed liberally with vinegar for a refreshing and smoothing all over experience. Or just apply with a cotton swab to problem areas daily and you will see a marked improvement.
- Fungus – Athletes foot and jock itch are common ailments, especially when you are hot and sweaty. Thankfully you do not have to use harsh chemicals and over the counter treatments to treat and prevent these fungal infections. Applying vinegar every day to the affected area works just as quickly as store bought remedies and is great for sensitive skin. Soak your feet in a tub of water mixed liberally with vinegar and not only will your fungal infection fade but your feet will be smooth and crack free! This also works great for fingernail and toe nail fungal infections.
The next time you are complaining about breakouts, dry skin or age spots just remember that your pantry holds the cure!
Cheers to happy skin 🙂
Today’s guest blogger Sara is an active nanny as well as an active freelance writer. She is a frequent contributor of nannypro.com.
Note: All views expressed in this blog post are the personal opinions of the guest blogger. mySkin.com doesn’t favor any particular skincare brand or take advertising from any of them. Our scientific algorithm is entirely unbiased based on your skin profile.
We Are Social! Like Us On FaceBook, Subscribe to Us On YouTube, Follow Us On Twitter, Get Skin Savvy With Us On Pinterest.