Listen to your skin! With the hot weather, your skin demands something different from you! Here are 7 hot weather tips to keep your skin looking younger, beautiful and healthy.
- In warm weather adjust your lifestyle and diet to avoid overheating the metabolism. Chlorinated pools, saltwater and sun dehydrate and age the skin, so the body needs extra moisture inside and out all summer long.
- Use a sunscreen with SPF 15 to 30 depending upon your skin. If you don’t burn easily but do tan easily, use lower SPF. If you burn more easily then you tan, use higher SPF. Try not to use sunscreen unless you are in the sun, since it tends to increase skin sensitivity in general. Sesame oil is a great natural sunscreen.
- Avoid sunbathing. If you want to be in the sun, stay active ( do errands, take a walk), but it is better to stay out of the direct sun as much as possible. However if you do sunbathe, olive and coconut oil are natural tanning agents, since they absorb UV light and provide even coloring. A daily dose of B-complex vitamins also helps provide an even tan.
- After sunbathing take a cool bath, adding a few drops rose, sandalwood or vetiver essence in water. Afterwards, pat the skin dry and when it is still moist, massage all over with body oil.
- To treat sun burned skin, rub on crushed cucumber, cucumber juice, aloe vera juice, an ice infusion of elderflower and chamomile, or cold buttermilk.
- Intake of fruits and vegetables are a must in order to get beautiful skin . They naturally contain all the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants your skin needs to stay hydrated and fresh.
- Never forget to drink as much water as possible. Try to drink 7-9 glasses of water daily. This is hands-down the most important beauty tip.
I would love to hear your tips to getting beautiful in summer. Reply in the comments below. You can follow us on Twitter, know what’s new in skincare and beauty on our Facebook page and pin with us on Pinterest.
Cheers to happy skin!