You’ve had a great time at the beach, in the mountains-soaking in all the sun in your holidays. But, the UVs have left their mark on your skin making it dark, patchy and dry. With school set to start you want those freckles, brown spots and uneven tan to disappear. You want your skin to look evenly toned and glowing.
How about getting inspired from Nature? Here are 7 simple, DIY, natural concoctions to help you in your quest to lighten up!
- Tomato magic-Mix tomato, cucumber and lemon juice in the same proportions and using a moist napkin apply on your skin. Wait for it to dry and the wash it away. Do moisturize you skin after this mask.
- Orange power-Add powdered and dried orange peels to raw milk making a paste. Apply this paste daily to whiten skin and wash away with lukewarm water.
- Milky way– Mix two portions of milk, lime juice and honey with one portion of almond oil to create a face mask. Apply for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. This leaves your skin looking lightened and soft.
- Eastern spices-Take 2 portions of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric. Add a few drops of lemon juice and milk. Make a paste and apply on the skin. Then scrub it off. With lightening the skin, this mask adds an exfoliating punch!
- Kitchen mint-Apply a paste of fresh mint leaves for 15 minutes every day. Wash it away with cold water. Follow this routine for a month for visible results.
- Cereal n’ Oats– Apply a mixture of ground oats, curd and tomato juice for few minutes a day. This reduces tan and helps in bringing up a radiant glow on the skin.
- Almond soak– Soak almonds overnight in milk. Blend them with milk the next day into a paste. Apply this paste and leave it overnight. Wash off in the morning. This mask leaves your skin looking awesome!
With these DIY tips get back to enjoying a healthy and balanced diet. Finally, always use a sunscreen before stepping out and reapply when necessary.
Get back to school feeling skin confident, awesome and glowing:)