We Ladies are always on the balancing act- managing careers, home, friends, work, social commitments and more; we might as well moonlight as jugglers. We want to look our best, but where is the time? Are you falling short of ‘ME‘ time?
Here is your ‘15 minutes to great skin’ beauty routine to feel pampered and skin loved:
- The night before – Start by religiously removing your make up before bed. This saves you at least 5 minutes of additional scrubbing in the morning and will keep your skin looking radiant.
- The shower – Taking a hot shower always feels nice but it’s the worst thing that you can do to your skin. Hot showers dry the skin and facilitate premature aging. They also make you stay in the shower and waste precious time. So go lukewarm. In the shower lather a body wash and facial cleanser with micro-beads that doubles up as a cleanser and an exfoliant. Guess what! You’re using your shower time effectively.
- The Shampoo n’ blow dry –Wash off your shampoo and conditioner completely before stepping out of the shower. Shampoo or conditioner residue makes your hair feel limp and causes dandruff. Skip the blow drying if immediately out of the shower. It takes precious time to dry your hair and damages the hair too as in a hurry we use high heat for drying. You could let your hair dry naturally! You could dab on your styling product when your hair is wet and blow dry when your hair is 60% dry. While your hair’s drying, slip into your formal/ evening wear- little steps to look great in 15 minutes.
- Moisturize – Moisturize while in your bath room to get the maximum moisture punch. Your body absorbs the lotion better in this moist environment.
- Treatments n’ Makeup- Now with your skin prepped, its time to apply the eye gel, the serum, the primer and makeup that consists of a SPF foundation, a touch of lip gloss and quick mascara strokes. Go minimalistic:) There- you look sexy and you are within time!
- Foot fast – Before you get into your shoes take a minute to dry your feet well especially between toes. This keeps you away from fungal infections and smelly feet. If you wear closed shoes or if your feet sweat then apply some foot powder before getting your socks or stockings on. You can also use a foot spray for feet that smell and feel fresh all day long.
Spritz on your favorite perfume and take the world in your stride.
Happy Skin= Happy You