You’ve got to be on a constant alert for sneak attacks, hidden explosives, and snipers. You’re dressed in a manly, baggy uniform, often with hair tied back tightly in a bun. You’re bracing different climates while on different postings and hypothetically, there’s no time to worry about that chipped nail or the smudged kohl.
Hey! A lady is a lady, and solider or not, a proper skin care routine is essential. Here are five tips that you – our brave “femme-fatale” at the borders should follow to keep that skin glowing:
- Cleansing, toning and Moisturizing- Haven’t we urged you enough about the importance of the basic CTM routine? However, with all that exercise out in the dust and sun, your skin is going to cry-out for more care. A full-fledged vanity bag might not be a possibility; you can reach out for a 2-in-1 cleanser/toner and carry a moisturizer, or simply go au natural. Rose water works well as a cleanser-cum-toner. A good skin-compatible moisturizer is, however, necessary.
- Sun Protection- You are going to spend a lot of your time bracing the harsh sun. Make your sunscreen your best friend. Without it, you can be held hostage by a number of skin-related issues like sunspots, aging, fine lines and wrinkles, dull skin, or in extreme cases, skin cancers. Ideally, you need to look for a sunscreen with a minimum of 30 SPF.
- Being Climate sensitive- Climate change is a very important factor for military women to consider. For example, what might be perfect for women stationed in Iran is definitely not suitable for women stationed in DC. Most women never give this a thought and continue using the same products all year round, from station-to-station. Evaluate the climate, your skin type and then choose your product.
- Diet- Now there’s not much choice when it comes to maintaining a diet. Whatever is the situation, a healthy, natural, nutritious diet is the best way to go. It will not only keep your strong, but also give your skin a boost. Make sure you drink tons of water. The physical manifestations of stress are first noticed on the skin, and keeping your body well hydrated is the secret to a clearer skin.
- Looking good- Yes, you’re in the army, Yes! you’re hard pressed for time to fuss around with makeup, and yes, you have to adhere to the otherwise conservative standards of beauty set by the military. However, maintaining a healthy makeup routine is only going to work wonders on your presentation and your confidence. While you have to keep it a little toned down while at work, there is always your day-off when you can pull out your makeup kit, experiment, go fuchsia for all you care!
When in the army, duty and beauty don’t often complement each other. However, you need to remember, there are some skin-essential routines that will keep you looking great, and feeling great. In addition, your L’Oreal moisturizer isn’t going to keep you from defending your country when you need to!
mySkin’s dermograph™ is the world’s first transdermal skin consultation system for beauty advisers to offer credible and scientific consultations to their customers. The dermograph™ is an integrated touchscreen computer + a simple, hand-held device that measures skin health. It looks beneath the surface of skin using visible light to measure multiple characteristics of your skin and matches these results with the most effective products/treatments.
If you have any questions or need more information, call or message us. We would be delighted to hear from you!
+1 201 500 7077
We are social! Join our beauty conversations on Instagram, Face Book, Pinterest, Twitter , YouTube , Google+