If Snow White’s evil step mother knew of natural face lifts, she wouldn’t have been after the poor creature’s life! We all wish, at some point in time, that we could get rid of the crow’s feet creeping up under our eyes or do something to our face to defy gravity. I admit to being part of that crowd. But the fear of going under the knife, the chances of things going wrong or just not getting the desirable results, put me on a non-surgical quest for facelifts.
Exercise that face: Facial exercises are an effective way to get a natural face lift. They aim at tightening the muscles along the contours of your face which tend to loosen up as we age. These exercises reduce baggy eyes, flabby skin and wrinkles:
- While applying any face product (e.g. face wash, moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation etc) your massage strokes should be in a circular and upward motion.
- Using your index finger apply pressure to your temples. This tones your forehead muscles.
- Using your ring finger gently massage the area around your eyes in gentle circular motions to minimize the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Never forget to massage your neck. Use strong (not rough) upward strokes tucking the skin under the chin when applying your night cream.
‘Stomach in’ right: What you put ‘in’ has a direct bearing on how you look! For natural facelifts it’s essential to eat a balanced and nutritious diet. Some of the tips to eat your way to a firm, healthy face are:
- Eat foods rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin D. Add bananas and avocados to your diet for internal nourishment.
- Incorporate dairy products into your eating routine.
- Add a handful of nuts to your diet. Almonds or walnuts are brilliant ways to tighten your skin and make it look gorgeous.
- Start vitamin supplements after consulting your dermatologist.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water everyday to flush out toxins and keep your skin tight and hydrated.
- Say goodbye to fad diets.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
Phantom masks: You can get an effective yet natural face lift by using home made face masks. Raid your kitchen larder and you’ll be amazed with the things you could find use for:
- Honey and oatmeal with warm water makes an excellent skin firming and rejuvenating mask.
- Beat an egg white to stiff peaks. Mix in honey. This makes a great face lift recipe.
- A ripe avocado mashed and mixed with a tablespoon of warm honey keeps your skin firm and soft.
Last but not the least: catch up on those zzzzs, live a stress free life, and flash that million dollar smile more often.
How do you keep your skin firm? Share your secrets with us.