We all want to look our best everyday but with the hectic lifestyle we all lead this can be difficult and often our skin is not a top priority. Being a mum of two and working full time I know how difficult it can be to look your best!
Here are 5 ideas that are simple to implement into your daily routine. When followed diligently your skin will show marked improvements in just two weeks.
- Cut down on caffeine. Skin dries quickly when you’re dehydrated, and caffeine does just that. The current advice is to keep under 300mg of caffeine per day* – that’s 4 filter coffees or 6 cups of tea. If you usually drink more than this try swapping half to naturally decaffeinated, herbal or green tea. Energy drinks and cola can contain more caffeine than coffee, so check the label.
- Drink water. Fresh water is a really great way to plump out those wrinkles and keep your skin clear and bright. It doesn’t have to be mineral water; filtered tap water is fine…and much cheaper. Add a slice of lemon or lime to add some zing!
- Feed your skin with fresh raw fruit and veggies. Vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and enzymes keep your skin and you bursting with health. These quick tips will feed your skin:
a) When you cook vegetables use a lower heat and keep the lid on saucepans
b) Leave veggies with some color and crunch
c) Add a little raw salad to main meals every day
d) Make a fruit salad at the beginning of the week and use it for toppings on cereal and yoghurt.
e) Stick a note on your fridge that says: Don’t keep it, eat it! Food that’s kept loses vitamins.
- Love your tum. The health of your skin is a really good indicator of how your insides are working. Friendly bacteria products improve digestion and reduce gut problems – and when you’re digestion is good your skin looks great! Take a pro-biotic yoghurt or pro biotic supplement for 6-8 weeks. Constipation is helped by lactobacillus and bifido strains, while an over-sensitive gut is helped by saccharomyces buolardii.
- Ditch the chemicals. Anything you put on your skin goes into your bloodstream in seconds. Some ingredients, like mineral oil, form a film over your skin so that it cannot function properly. Other ingredients, e.g. products for oily skin, strip the skin and cause havoc. The fewer chemicals you put on your skin, the better it is able to function. There are many companies with products that support skin health. Be chemical savvy.
Small changes in your daily routine can make a massive difference to the look and feel of your skin 🙂
Today’s guest blogger- Hannah, a mum of two works full time and leads a busy lifestyle. She tries to look after her skin and likes to share her ideas. For further tips and advice she recommends reading The Faceworks health page.
We at mySkin are looking forward to meeting you AT BOOTH 355 for The International Esthetics, Cosmetics & Spa Conferences #NewYork from March 9- 11, #JacobJavits Convention Center.
is the world’s first transdermal
skin consultation system for beauty advisers to offer credible and scientific consultations to their customers. The dermograph
is an integrated touchscreen computer + a simple, hand-held device that measures skin health. It looks beneath the surface of skin using visible light
to measure multiple characteristics of your skin and matches these results with the most effective products/treatments.
If you have any questions or need more information, call or message us. We would be delighted to hear from you!
+1 201 500 7077
We are social! Join our beauty conversations on Instagram, Face Book, Pinterest, Twitter , YouTube , Google+ and WeHeartit