What brings order to chaos? A protective layer that surrounds earth. What protects you from the harsh chaotic environment? You are bestowed with the protective gift of Skin. The skin has multitude of functions and is the balance between external and internal environments. Your skin is a cocoon that is alive and breathing, it needs and demands pampering.
The month of February with Valentine’s day is the celebration of love, compassion, goodness and joy! Feel good about yourself with these simple skincare tips.
- Exfoliate both face and body paying special attention to elbows, knuckles and knees. A physical exfoliator which has soft jojoba beads in it is great to take out the stagnated dead skin cells. A combination of a physical exfoliator with an AHA or BHA does better in performance. Exfoliate couple of nights prior to V-day. This gives time for your skin to settle down by Feb 14th. For sensitive skin a mild lactic acid or fruit exfoliant does wonders.
- Use a hydrating serum to plump up your skin- look amazing for V-day. They are fortified with skin plumping agents, lactic acid to mildly exfoliate and hyaluronic acid to trap water. Vit. C fortified serums give a lovely glow on the face and can waiver the need of makeup completely.
- An eye cream especially a one that has global effects to target dark circles, wrinkles etc. is good for your peepers. Your sclera look white and glowing with eye drops at hand.
- Lip care is a must! Use your favorite lip balm and remember to moisturize your neck and decollete’ for that winning look 🙂
- Go DIY with your beauty masks, facials and get the spa home for this cherished day.
- Have a diligent skincare routine. It helps 🙂
Happy Skin = Happy You!
Views expressed in this blog post are inspired from our guest blogger, Neeraj who wanted to do something interesting and different after completing his degree in Medicine. He writes his own beauty blog, www.beauty-traveller.com. mySkin has edited this blog post to suit its style and tone. mySkin.com doesn’t favor any particular skincare brand or take advertising from any of them. Our scientific algorithm is entirely unbiased based on your skin profile.