Spring it is! It’s time to shed off those winter doldrums and prepare to bare some skin and get some sun. The sun, the bare skin, the beach holidays, the cross country walks also mean it’s time to prevent the negative effects the warm months will have on our skin. Here are the top ten things you need to do today so your skin is ready to strut its stuff as soon as the warm weather allows.
1.Moisturize: The importance of moisturizing your skin cannot be overstated, no matter what season it happens to be. However, the skin does need a little extra TLC during the summer months and, if your skin is hydrated and healthy, it can better defend itself against sun damage and heat.
2. Exfoliate : No more dry skin this spring! That is for winter months only. If you want that dewy glow to create a spring makeup look, your skin has to be rid of any flakes and dry spots. Try making your own natural scrub at home by adding a little sugar to a cup of whole milk. Rub it softly over your face, and the sugar will slough off dead skin as the milk regenerates and moisturizes.
3. Find the Perfect SPF : As spring approaches, it’s time to get serious about SPF. You will need a day moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30 and a body lotion that has an SPF of around 15 that you can apply throughout the day. You should also pick up some lip balm that has an SPF of around 20, as well. If you’re going to be sunbathing, grab a lotion with an SPF of 50 or higher.
4. Fake a Tan : Your skin has been missing sunlight during the winter, so if you want to make a splash this spring try faking it a bit first. Grab your favorite self-tanner or find out what product will work for your skin(get a separate brand formulated for your face, if you wish to tan there, too) and apply it after you have showered and exfoliated.
5. Define Your Brows : The best day look for spring is a beautiful complexion and a well-defined brow. If you get your brows waxed, make an appointment. For a warm weather-proof look, pick up some brow powder and brow gel to define the color and help your brows stay put.
6. Nourish Your Pout : Make sure to apply lip balm religiously and exfoliate your lips before spring is in full swing. One of the best makeup looks for spring is a sexy, shiny pale lip, so make sure your puckers are flake free and feeling their softest this season.
7. Waterproof Your Lashes : Find a great waterproof mascara before spring. This will prevent your mascara from running and allow you to jump into the pool at a moment’s notice. Try creating a look with a bare face, mascara, and soft pink lips.
8. Get Glowing : Spring is the best season to play with dewy face shimmers. To create an ethereal glow that won’t look cakey or powdery, use a tinted moisturizer, cream blush and a liquid face shimmer. Apply shimmer to your cheekbones and arch of your brows.
9. Eat Your Fruits and Vegetables : Fruits and vegetables are a must in order to get beautiful skin for spring. They naturally contain all the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants your skin needs to stay hydrated and fresh.
10. Drink More Water : Never forget to drink as much water as possible. If you want beautiful skin for spring, this is hands-down the most important beauty tip.
Today’s guest blogger, Angelita Williams writes on the topics of online courses.
Note: This post has been reviewed and edited by mySkin. All views expressed in this blog post are the personal opinions of the guest blogger. mySkin.com doesn’t favor any particular skincare brand or take advertising from any of them. Our scientific algorithm is entirely unbiased based on your skin profile.