With Spring round the corner, most of us begin to incorporate certain lifestyle changes. Your skin needs change with the season too and it is important to tweak your skin care regimen. These changes in your skin care routine will help you to have flawless and radiant skin. Fall/ Autumn is characterized by harsh winds, cold temperatures and invariable temperature fluctuations. Your skin becomes dry, itchy and irritated. The invariable temperature changes strip off moisture from your skin. It is therefore important to follow a proper skin care protocol for healthy, glowing skin.
Kick start your skin care routine for the fall season on a high gear with these tips:
- Eliminate dirt gathered on your skin throughout the day. This can be done by using a mild face wash and cleansing your face thoroughly twice a day. Washing your face with lukewarm water in the morning and PM removes surplus sebum that gets deposited on face.
- Maintain elasticity of your skin and keep the pores open in order to avoid acne problems. For this drink at least 7-8 glasses of water daily. Besides improving moisture content, water is of great help in leaving your skin glowing.
- Exfoliation is an important skin care step to follow during all seasons. Do away with dead skin cells by exfoliating skin regularly. Dead skin cells present inside pores can lead to acne. Eliminating them will help you have a smooth, soft skin.
- Lip care needs great attention during the fall season. Carry a chapstick or lip balm with you wherever you go, as the harsh winds and cold temperatures can cause cracks on lips. A Lip Balm improves moisture content of lips and maintains them in perfect condition.
- After a long summer season, when fall arrives, it is not only your face and lips that require care, but your hands and feet need great attention. The cold, dry weather can harm the skin on your hands and feet. Use a good cream to moisturize skin on hands and feet. Creams containing vitamin E, cocoa butter and retinol will help you have gorgeous skin during fall.
- With the summer season gone , you may think that the need for a sunscreen lotion is over and pack it up forever. Wait!! Don’t pack it up so soon, you will require a sunscreen with SPF 15 to protect skin from harmful UV rays of the sun.
Tweak your skincare regimen for Fall and stay skin happy:)
Abel has been writing regularly for magazines and blogs and has his own blog running on weight loss. Here he has focused on a particular time of year when he himself has faced skin problems.
Note: All views expressed in this blog post are the personal opinions of the guest blogger. mySkin.com doesn’t favor any particular skincare brand or take advertising from any of them. Our scientific algorithm is entirely unbiased based on your skin profile.