Until recently, I had never been to a spa! In fact, I had no idea why people went to spas at all. Wasn’t it just a waste of their hard earned money? Not at all! is what I say after my regular spa visits:)
Here are five reasons you should go to a spa:
- Your Relaxation Time – We all need to relax a little bit more! The great thing about going to a spa is it is relaxing because you are free from all your technology tethers. No cell phone, no emails, no social media to keep up with. With calming music, great smells and lots of massages you can regain your inner peace and come back refreshed and relaxed to your everyday life. Getting away from it all never felt so good 🙂
- Your Detox Shot– Another advantage a spa has is the detox your body and mind goes through. Physically the massages, skin treatments and gentle exfoliators help to remove toxins from your skin, pores and muscles. However mentally you are also letting go of stress and other things that keep you from enjoying your life. Many times the healthy food and drinks provided at the spa are full of natural antioxidants and detoxifiers that help your body to rid itself of toxins and regain balance.
- Your Time To Connect – Spa days can be a great choice to reconnect with your loved ones. Go to the spa with your partner, your family, your friends or even your child. Older children and teens that can enjoy that type of serenity also love being pampered and spending time with mom or dad. Time away from your busy schedules could be just the thing to form stronger bonds and rekindle the spark!
- Your Health Meter –Spas are built around improving your health mentally and physically. Massages, skin treatments and time in the whirlpool all help your body to relax and get back to normal. Blood pressure drops, pain disappears and even your mood can improve. They say that physical contact like a massage can even boost your positive hormones and the effects can last for days. With healthy meal choices and beautiful settings, a spa is a great place to feel better.
- Your Pamper Moments –Last but not least a spa is all about pampering 🙂 You can all use days that are just about you. You give all your time and energy to others- to work, to children, to partners, and sometimes we forget to give ourselves something. By taking a spa day you can feel pampered and taken care of!
Going to the spa is a fun and relaxing experience. For the best experience possible do your research and take a friend or loved one along on your first trip. That way you can learn, laugh and relax together!
Today’s guest blogger, Ken Myers is an expert adviser on in-home care & related family safety issues to many websites and groups. He is a regular contributor to www.gonannies.com.
Note: All views expressed in this blog post are the personal opinions of the guest blogger. mySkin.com doesn’t favor any particular skincare brand or take advertising from any of them. Our scientific algorithm is entirely unbiased based on your skin profile.
We Are Social! Like Us On FaceBook, Subscribe to Us On YouTube, Follow Us On Twitter, Get Skin Savvy With Us On Pinterest.