The Beauty industry landscape is rapidly changing in the web 2.0 era, innovation is emerging. The Beauty 2.0 Panel at Internet Week NYC will bring together perspectives from publishers, agencies, web startups, and brands to discuss emerging trends in online consumer behavior in beauty, how social media is changing the beauty industry, and how brands, agencies, publishers, and entrepreneurs are facing the challenges and capitalizing on the opportunities.
The Panel will discuss:
- What is Beauty 2.0?
- What are the biggest or most interesting trends and innovations in beauty industry?
- How is social media changing the way brands, both established and independent, market themselves and connect with consumers?
- What challenges do beauty industry players face when coping with the social media wave? What can be done better?
- What is the social commerce playing field like in beauty? Is social commerce just a fad or is it the future of online commerce?
- What are the new metrics to track social media campaign efforts?
- How do advertisers control brand image in social media conversations?
- What lessons and ideas can the beauty industry learn from other industries and business models (Gilt, Groupon, Foursquare, etc.)?
- Deanne Hess, Director, RealBeauty.com, Hearst Magazines Digital Media
- Tina Hedges, Co-President, TWIST new.brand.venture
- Karen Rabinowitz, Founder of Purple Lab
- Rahul Mehendale, Co-Founder and CEO, mySkin, Inc. (www.mySkin.com)
- Holly Chen, Director, mySkin, Inc. (www.mySkin.com)
This panel discussion is open to everyone interested in the beauty industry –media, brands, retailers, agencies, startups, bloggers –and broadly, anyone who’s interested in social commerce, social media, social gaming, social graph, real time search, web 2.0, technology, entrepreneurship and innovation, and is looking to connect with other beauty-istas and technologists.
Time: Monday, June 07, 2010 from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM (ET)
Location: Hive at 55 (55 Broad Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10004)
Meeting you all up at Internet Week NYC!